The Makings of West Third Street

My name is Jacob Ayres. I am 20 years old and am a Graphic Design major at Northern Kentucky University. I have a one year old Giant Schnauzer named Buddy.
West Third Street is named after the house that I live on. While attending West Florida University, I was applying to transfer to Northern Kentucky University. After having experienced the dorm life, I was definitely in the market for an apartment of my own. While I was searching for an apartment, I saw the foreclosure search option and thought, "What the heck? It's not going to hurt to just look." but it did. It did hurt. Enter West Third Street.

Sorry for the quality, this was taken from the website.
My Dad is a contractor and we had previously been talking about getting a foreclosure property around our house and flipping it over the summer. This was a wonderful idea but unfortunately people around us started to pay on their debts and all that was left was the really expensive properties.
So, after discussion with my Dad and my Realtor uncle Danny, we began the pursuit of this property. And boy was that a pursuit. My parents and my uncle went up to the house to scope everything out and it was solid! Granted, it was stripped of nearly everything, but the house was great! We were able to negotiate a really good deal on the property and on December 11th, the house was ours!
Now, if the house had been move in ready, this blog would have sucked. There would be nothing to say except that we had to repaint a scuff we would have made on the wall. But life is full of excitement and adventure and this house certainly had both of those!
My neighbors say that the grass is never green in front of my house, that and the state of the porch, leads me to believe that the listing pictures have to be a couple of years old.
The first step of a very long journey began by gutting everything but the cabinets. I'm so grateful to have a very able family and supplies to do everything with. I'm even more so grateful that Dad gave the boys no other choice. It would take the entire family just to bring this house closer to the 21st century!
Thank you for reading! This house has easily become my favorite project/money pit. Follow along for the transformation!

Share:

2 comments

  1. looks like you are on your way to having a great house to live in while in college and to sell later good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you could really build an awesome deck in front of the house.

    ReplyDelete